(712) 646-2431 Mondamin_City@yahoo.com        


Welcome to the City Offices. Here you’ll find contact information for elected officials, the library and community boards as well as some frequently asked about regulations. For more information or questions regarding topics not addressed, please contact us at the city offices, (712) 646-2431.

Alyx Hirst

City Clerk/Treasurer

(712) 646-2351

Steve Hinkel

Public Works Supervisor

(712) 420-0532

Brian Rife


(712) 435-9375

Christine Hussing


(712) 646-2888

Roberta Anderson

Community Center Manager

(402) 639-1814

Mayor Pro Tem         Maggie Rains
                                       Jim Rains
                                       Terry Coyle
                                       Ron Bell
                                       Cole Bell

President             Susan Tallon

Secretary             Sonja Jarosz

Treasurer            Wanda Houge

                               Shelley Neill

                               Carol Birdsall

President            Guy Graff
Treasurer            Dave Tallon
                              Cheryl Tamisea
                              Lary Clark
                              Marlyn Anderson

City Council Meetings:
The Mondamin City Council meets the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m.


Building Permits:
Applications are required to erect, reconstruct, alter, or add to an existing structure. Contact City Hall for a building permits application. The application will be reviewed by the City Council at the next monthly city council meeting. You may attend the meeting or you will be notified of the City Council’s vote by mail following the meeting.

Set Up New Water and Sewer Service:
Contact the City Clerk at City Hall by phone or in person to set a date to have the water turned on. Residents who are renters are required to make a $150 deposit to have the water service activated.

Pet Licensing:
Every owner of a dog over the age of 6 months must obtain a dog license from the City Clerk during the month of March. You can obtain a dog license by coming to the City Hall with the most recent copy of your pet’s vaccination record for proof of a current rabies vaccination. The annual fee is $10 for each male and spayed female dog and $15 for each unspayed female dog.


City of Mondamin
120 South Main St., Mondamin, Iowa 51557
(712) 646-2431 | Mondamin_City@yahoo.com



© Copyright City of Mondamin

Nebraska Web Designers